Why move now?
To be successful in today’s business environment, your business must require to remove unneeded complexity and react faster than ever. By 2025, SAP will no longer support its existing ERP business suite, Now it’s time to move your business to the S4 HANA in-memory platform.
SAP S/4HANA is the next-generation business suite. It is fully built on the most advanced in-memory platform existing today: SAP HANA. The product uses modern design principles with the SAP Fiori user experience (UX) as well as a new role-based user experience concept. With the move to SAP S/4HANA, you are benefitting from continuous application innovations such as:
Major Business Benefits of Moving to SAP S/4HANA
●Application optimizations specific for SAP HANA in-memory platform With SAP S/4HANA, SAP optimizes the application to make best use of the capabilities of the SAP HANA database. For example, we removed aggregates, and reduced the data footprint.
● Responsive user experience design With SAP S/4HANA, SAP designs the application with the latest role-based user experience (UX).
● Unifying functionality in the core With SAP S/4HANA, SAP removes redundancy by providing one functionality for one objective.
With SAP S/4HANA, SAP helps businesses to run simple in the digital economy, including such topics and principles as the Internet of Things, Big Data, business networks, and mobile-first. This guide explain the conversion process with which you can move from your existing SAP Business Suite to the next-generation business suite: SAP S/4HANA.
SAP Customer who choose to migrate to SAP S/4HANA® can achieve the following benefits:
- Maximize the opportunities of new emerging technologies.
- Quick real-time information which increase decision-making ability
- Boost productivity via automation.
- Cost savings
Steps to move SAP S4 HANA
- System Checks in Source system (ECC) including new asset accounting checks-Up-time activity
- Business Partner Conversion (ECC)- Up-time activity
- Extract recon reports for comparison of data (eg: Trial Balance report)- Up-time activity
- Installation including SUM import export .During import and export , the data including configuration is moved to HANA, however the data still resides in old tables like BSEG,etc and ACDOCA is still empty- Downtime Activity
- Performing conversion activities in SPRO sequence. New GL is automatically activated during the GL conversion activity. Configure and perform “Migrate to New asset accounting” activities- Some are Up-time and some are down time activities.
- Start the Data Migration Monitor in the sequence provided by SAP. During this ACDOCA is filled and planned depreciation is performed. During this activity if you receive any error you have an option to accept the error and go-ahead with migration- Downtime Activity
- Set the Migration as Complete. This is very important as it enables financial postings.
- Perform reconciliations of ECC and HANA balances.