Many companies are in the process of implementing or, at least, planning for the upgrade to E-Business Suite Release 12 not only for reasons of compliance but also to take advantage of product improvements to support globalization and, additionally, for shared services and business process efficiencies. Some of the changes are significant but with proper planning and implementation methodology, you will be able to meet the challenge.
VOTEC Consulting has invested in an R12 readiness program and has proven hands-on experience which will facilitate your transition to the next generation EBS release. Whether you are planning an upgrade process or must consider re-implementation due to the impact to business process flows and overlap with existing customizations and extensions, our consultants can guide you through the process.
Some of the critical steps that you must take in order to help prepare for R12 include:
- Upgrade the database to minimum 10g release (10.2.0.3)
- Apply, at a minimum, 11i.AD.I patch
- Convert to OATM (Oracle Applications Tablespace Management)
- Replace Oracle JInitiator with Sun JRE
- Convert to Multi-Org
Technical / Functional
- Assess R12 impact relative to existing extensions, reports
- Conduct business workflow review based on R12 functionality